Michael C. English, Founder/Senior Partner
"People deserve to live and work in buildings that work correctly and are energy efficient."
Michael has over 25 years of extensive experience of building commissioning and related services for commercial, educational, cultural, healthcare and residential facilities.
- Partner in charge on prominent projects such as the New York Times Headquarters, 330 Jay Street, Stony Brook University Medical Center Major Modernization, University of Pennsylvania Health System Center for Advanced Medicine and numerous Battery Park City Authority projects.
- Leader in the building commissioning industry:
- Building Commissioning Association (BCA): Currently serving as a Director on the Building Commissioning Certification Board (BCCB). He has also served a two year term from 2005 through 2006 as President of the BCA after serving as Vice President for three years and spearheaded the organization's Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP) program.
- United States Green Building Council (USGBC): Helped to develop the commissioning guidelines for LEED-NC Version 2.2,, serving on the NYC Chapter Board of Directors of the U.S. Green Building Council.
- City/State: Worked with New York City’s Mayor’s Office to develop retro-commissioning guidelines for PlaNYC Local Law 87. Testified at NY City Hall to make amendments to NY State energy code to include building commissioning requirements.
- Awards: 2008 recipient of the Benner Award (NCBC), which represents outstanding achievement in making building commissioning "business as usual".
- Bachelor of Engineering degree from SUNY Maritime College, Mr. English is a Professional Engineer in 18 states: NY, NJ, PA, CT, MD, VA, NC, SC, UT, KY, MA, DE, RI, FL, GA, MS, OH and IN.
- Featured lecturer and presenter at the NCBC, USGBC Salons, BCA Expo, ASHRAE and NFMT events.
Follow my blog at: http://michaelenglish.wordpress.com/
Follow me on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/mce68
Read my feature in The Zweig Letter here