This month at Horizon Engineering Associates, LLP, we're talking about...
What makes a great commissioning provider?
In today's fast-paced world, construction projects demand increasing technical breadth and depth. Without a skilled commissioning provider to lead the commissioning process, a project can be completed without meeting their performance expectations.
Your Commissioning Provider Should:
- Have the appropriate experience. Read the qualifications of the team. Commissioning is NOT done behind a desk and field experience is a must. Getting dirty and wrapping your arms around the process is what commissioning is.
- Have a good understanding about design, construction and operations. The job of the CxA is to bridge the gap between design and construction, as well as construction and operations.
- Be organized, communicate well (both written and verbally).
- Be willing to listen and collaborate with the team.
- Be Credentialed. Building Commissioning Association: Certified Commissioning Professional (CCP); AABC Commissioning Group: Certified Commissioning Authority (CxA); Licensed Professional Engineer (PE); Licensed American Institute of Architects (AIA)