Meet Kari Rosteck! She is a Field Engineer II working in our Ann Arbor, MI office and was recently selected as an Employee of the Month! Here's a quick Q/A with her:
- Who would you like to swap places with for a day? I'd love to swap places with my dog. Some of the many questions I have could finally be answered... Does she like playing ball, or does she think I like playing ball? What does she think about all day? Does she like eating the same food every meal?
- What did you want to grow up to be when you were a kid? Aside from the usual childhood dreams of being a rock star or astronaut, I really wanted to be a doctor. It wasn't until my Grade 11 chemistry class that veered me towards engineering. Along with the realization of costs, time and the competition in University of becoming a doctor. I am ever more grateful for those who are!
- What do you enjoy doing when you are not working? I enjoy sailing on Lake Erie, having a drink with friends and playing recreational soccer.
- List three hashtags that describe your personality. #geterdone ... I can't think of any others
- What is your favorite moment while working at HEA? My favorite moment while working at HEA was actually a phone call i got from a contractor one day after a very 'intense' commissioning meeting. I was expecting an unfiltered comment such as, "You don't know what you're talking about" or "I've been doing this for 30+ years, I know best" etc. No. Instead he says "Kari, I'm sorry." Me: "Why?" Contractor: "You know, you walked into this job and I thought, great here is this young girl who doesn't know anything. I thought it was going to be a mess. Well I have to say it's quite the opposite. You're articulate in meetings, you do your homework and you know what you're talking about. You're killing it and I wanted to say I'm sorry for judging you."
Monday, July 15, 2019 3:47:00 PM