Photo caption: Brad Zeamer, his wife Tammy, granddaughters Baylee and twins Parker & Payton!
This is my favorite recipe because…when it comes to Holiday Cheer nothing says it like Eggnog!
Homemade Eggnog (21+)
- Beat 12 egg yolks until light in color. Reserve the whites, put in fridge covered for later.
- Beat in gradually 1 lb. confectioners’ sugar.
- Add very slowly beating constantly 2 cups dark rum.
- Let stand covered for 1 hour.
- Add, beating constantly 2 cups Bourbon or whisky of your choosing, 1 Cup Peach Brandy and 2 Quarts Half & Half cream.
- Refrigerate covered for 3 hours.
- No sampling the leftover “ingredients” while waiting. 😉
- Beat until stiff, but not dry 8-12 egg whites. The more egg whites the fluffier the eggnog will get, this will calm down after it sits a while.
- Fold egg whites into the other ingredients, make sure well blended.
- Serve with a sprinkle of nutmeg on top.
This is the “Low calorie version” The original recipe calls for whipping cream, but substituted with Half & Half cream .
This will make about a gallon of eggnog. Keep refrigerated.
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 1:26:00 PM